Seven Elements of American Maritime Transport
Seven major points in American shipping you must know
01. Service Standards
Careful service is required not only for the export of goods to the United States by sea, but also for the arrival of goods at port. If there is no customs clearance (PROCEED) within 15 days after arrival, the goods will enter the G.O. warehouse, and the G.O. warehouse charges are very high.
02. Audit of Agency Qualification
In addition to various shipping companies, all regular freight forwarders engaged in U.S. maritime transport must have a freight limited company registered with FMC in the United States and have the formal code of NVOCC. Otherwise, if any problems occur in the course of U.S. maritime transport, they will not be protected by law. The first-class forwarder is not necessarily a registered member of FMC, so it must be confirmed in advance.
1. Confirmation of specific transport destinations
Many American seafarers have warehouses all over the country, so it's important to identify their final destination. In addition, there are many places with the same place name in the United States. For example, Washington has 4 or 5 places. If the merchant does not provide the state name and postcode, it is possible to send the goods to another place by mistake. The United States is sparsely populated and the cost of trailers is more than 1,000 yuan, so it is crucial to identify and delimit responsibilities with customers.
2. The Requirements of Key Customers in U.S. Maritime Transport for Suppliers to Cooperate in Providing Logistics Fee Services
(1) Customers often have the requirement of compartmentalized packing, especially for goods sold to supermarkets abroad, such as the order of placing, quantity requirement, documents attached to containers, etc.
(2) Delivery on time according to customer's requirements and tracking container dynamics as far as possible. Many foreign businessmen will require the goods to arrive at the port before the specified time (SHIPPNG PERIOD). The delay of the factory may result in large fines, so the tracking of goods in logistics is very critical.
(3) Provide documents accurately and timely to foreign countries for customs clearance. Generally speaking, the customs clearance time abroad can be 7 days before the ship arrives. Often, due to the delay of documents, demurrage charges are generated abroad.
3. Overdue pick-up charges at ports
(1) Delay charges: charged by the company, for major customers can be given a certain free use date;
(2) Delay charges: charged by the shipping company wharf, which vary according to the different wharf.